Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Anderson Is A Witness...

I am a big fan of the NBA's international players. Dirk Nowitizki, Memo Okur, Yao Ming, and Manu Ginobli; These are players that not only transtioned over from the international game, but became superstars in the American game as well.

Hell, I'd even take my hat off for players like Luol Deng, Leandro Barbosa, Darius Songalia, or Andrew Bogut; Players who came into the American game and became crucial role players for their respective teams.

You get the point. I think the NBA's international players make the game more fundamental and fun to watch.

However I have to make an exception...

Anderson Varejao is not an international player that makes the NBA more exciting. One might say that his hair is exciting. I disagree, If anything he looks annoying. He looks like Justin Guarini. Again, annoying.

On Mar. 6, 2007, one of the greatest events in Clevland Cavelier basketball took place. LEBRON MADE ANDERSON A WITNESS! According to Slamonline.com, Varejao had been theiving Lebron's rebounds through most of the game. I didn't get to see that. But after watching the highlights a couple minutes ago, I fell out of my seat laughing.

In the closing moments in the Houston and Clevland game, Larry Hughes Through a lob in the direction of Varejao. Out of nowhere Lebron comes flying into the screen to put down a viscous dunk. Lebron Posterized Anderson, and made the world a better place. applause for Lebron. That will teach Justin Varejao to ever steal a rebound from lebron again. Honestly i hope Lebron does again for shits and giggles.

The best part is good ol' Larry Hughes went and backed up his boy after it was all said and done.
"It (the lob pass) was to LeBron and I saw Andy (Anderson Varejao) getting ready to go for it, so I kind of threw it a little higher and thought he wouldn't jump and he jumped anyway. But I saw LeBron cutting the whole time."

.....or Lebron just got tired of sideshow bob and gave him the buinsess. You be the judge.

No comments: